Monday 5 January 2015

Near an ancient moulin

This local landmark near the river has been cleared of use as a cattle byre and is being made habitable.  It has a dirt track access.  It was covered in ivy in October 2014!  I wish I could find one of the older photos. Must try harder to sort my photos but it is an uphill struggle especially when I keep clicking the camera!
 
As a result of walking into the field and carrying a child across the mud, I created gloopy boots! Now I really do have to clean and treat them nicely after they have dried out!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking "projet"...
    Attractive... but it is going to cost to restore that!

    "Must try harder to sort my photos but it is an uphill struggle especially when I keep clicking the camera! "....
    personally... I feel like a snail trying to ascend Everest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The proprietor is said to be from Vouvray, but I am informed it is a local family...yet, in today's climate, with or without rose-tinted spectacles (I know both views!) I would be loath to advise anyone to spend such sums ... and now it spoils my walk of uninhabited chemins down by the riverside...I am not best pleased as traffic will plough the track into muddy ruts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... photos... and snails....
    As a cancerian crab I can understand the gastropod... one approaches the task tentatively, then withdraws at the immensity of it! I have a habit fi scuttling sideways. I know myself!
    Does it really matter?
    I am sure our forebears did not think of preserving artefacts for the future generation - it happened or it didn't... though I have heard of families who have discovered recorded tapes of ancestors they had never heard in reality.
    I will though try to get some into hard format!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.