Sunday 25 January 2015

Simple Purl to start with

I found the knitting needles and crochet hooks some time ago. Now,  I have really started .... hm... a few errors as the needle splits the wool...it was unraveled but getting the loops back onto the needle was tricky!!!  I discovered the skein / ball of 100% wool has weak places where one ply has broken!!! How annoying. I suppose this is why it was once in a sale at a famous French clothing shop!  I am hoping it will be 'a square'! Just purl. The idea is to make other 'squares' with a different stitch / pattern.. for a challenge and hands to be busy!
Watching The Fall in short sections, whilst knitting prevents nail biting whilst drinking a glass or two... but I need bi-focals.  I really don't like them, so am peering atop the reading / knitting spectacles!
There exists the phenomena of 'knitting finger' where the left-hand forefinger pushes the needle back, after the yarn has wrapped and looped through the stitch on the L.H. needle.  Hmmm ...need to tape my finger.  I know one can purchase finger protectors!

2 comments:

  1. It will be a knitted square ... and if I make many, they could be crocheted together to make a blanket!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.