Friday 6 March 2015

A Poem: I am a Mummy Octopus


Happy 7th Birthday, 6th March to special Francesca!
Happy Felicity Feast day 7th March with babe in arms!
Happy Birthday Party 8th March
Happy Francesca Feast Day 9th March 

This Poem which is absolutely copyright is a tribute to my grand daughter who has a busy mummy making her seventh birthday weekend a memorable happy event.  
The Poem was started in 2013 from a song idea from my daughter to her daughter but she couldn't sing enough ideas about what an octopus could do.  
She asked Grandmama in France to obligeShe has never had sufficient inspiration or imagination to make it into a children's rhyme or song but now supposes the octopus could find treasures in the sea. A pictorial artist is needed to help develop a story!

A Poem: A Mummy Octopus sings to Baby Octopus

I am a mummy octopus with many arms to hold 
you safe with all my heart until the days grow old.

I am a mummy octopus with eight long tentacles
to keep me busy all the time to clear all obstacles.

I am a mummy octopus working hard for family,
I try to give my very best for health and harmony.

I am a mummy octopus, I wrap the world together,
Open - close, hug you tight, embrace shared love forever.

We spread ourselves around the world to reach out arms unfurled,
wide and far, wrap loved ones near, tentacles are curled.

We squish and squirm in Waters of Life, build friendship out of trust,
destroy unwanted nuisances, convert to angel dust.

On your seventh birthday, Mother and Daughter, we
keep our tentacles busy baking cakes for your party.

I hope that when you grow up more
your octopus daughter’s arms stretch to adore
the beautiful world of hope - a kaleidoscope.

One day my daughter you might be
a mummy octopus just like me
with arms to hold ME safe
with all your heart
until my days grow old and cold.

Thank you for letting me be a mummy octopus!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely words mummy. Thank you xxx
    I can visualise it; now to put pencil to paper😀

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.