Saturday 14 March 2015

Violets

This week I am determined to do a morning and evening walk after having lived in almost closed orders!  The walks are very leisurely. Bimbling even! There is a little black and white pony in the field that was recently sold. The big GREAT DANE sort of dog seemed playful in his HUGE garden but I am glad he was behind wire fencing...although at one time I thought he was surely able to scale it!  Descending down the lane I came upon a beautiful heavy smell and stepped back to identify.. inhale the scent.. deep, melodious, heavy, fleetingly it escapes to return in the nostrils....
And as my mind made the connection with those sweet sugary drops that aunties used to have in their pocket, I saw their purple hue.... violet violets.  Later I spied yellow celandines.
Nice to speak French to a stranger and English to an American.
I am beginning to be less 'off the wall'. Is there any hope?
Postscript: 
But that was all written a week ago because I push postings forwards. The walks dd not materialise after the good start to the week when I concentrated all Monday, was proactive and clear several piles of "things to achieve"! OK there is more which has stacked up for quite a while... but I am tidying it!!!  After a Yoga morning where I had to use muscles `i did not know I had, I idled over copious quantities of tea with a gardener who will help me finish the courtyard project. The larch will go. Thanks Tim for your help on this disturbing decision. Then the GP, bank, Tours sadness,  IKEA visit to check out kitchens,  a car service and thank goodness the electrics on the remorque are repaired.   The bill was within my estimate. No electricity this morning bu then on my frequent search in the street for a helpful resident, the neighbour chez lui only for the weekend turned off all the trip switches until we found the culprit.  The steam from the kettle hits the cupboard above, then condenses to the wall prise. Depressed, I rallied to a bath and drove to a plant sale, where plants were 25% more than Leclerc yesterday or so listless one would not have wished to own them! Then I did a walk and now my head feels better!  The death of an expat has haunted me to keep things simple... but it seems he's left quite a lot of administrative headaches! At least I do have a UK will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.