Monday 9 March 2015

Ah-mund-buns

Last week I baked little cakes for little people with this recipe doubled:
Almond Buns
180g caster sugar and the same of butter beaten together until creamy then 4 eggs whipped in with 80g flour and a sprinkle of baking powder plus 150g ground almonds.  You could do 230g ground almonds for gluten free!  Then mix in more or less 100g marzipan cut into small lumps. Add milk if necessary. Beat well. Spoon into cases and add whatever dried fruits you have. Unfortunately I didn't have any blueberries / bilberries / myrtilles and I wasn't sure if the kiddies liked ginger, so I used expensive dried raspberries and mini-smarties! mmmmmmmmmmmmm but avoided M&Ms a fave of mine! Peanuts!  Bake, 180C,  but my oven is just HOT... one stat without a timer...  hence one batch got double baked as I gave the buns just a few more minutes (ahem) forgetting they were on the bottom shelf!!!!!!!!!!!! Their daddy said,  after I had cut off the paper and we were all enjoying the twice baked cakes, they would be good with custard. I agree! But then they were gone!
Mix up the mixture
Spoon into pretty baking cases
Decorate with crystallised raspberries and smarties
or cranberries
Four of the not baked twice buns gifted to each twin
My-made cards for twins

We played Connect, magnetic shapes, Kerplunk bees in the tree...drank copious cups of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.