Monday 16 March 2015

Deadbeat bore!

Whilst listening to the radio I discovered that I am a 'deadbeat' because I rarely incur interest charges on my credit card thus don't provide revenue for banks and the levels of National Debt.
That same day I read that I am a 'bore'.
Jessica Reed in the Guardian was writing about linguistic changes. 
"Pellerin’s supporters ... quick to remind us that languages are not monuments – they’re living, breathing systems and, above all, they’re tools for communication. As a result, they constantly evolve – and all those bores whining about the good olde days sound like retirees who still insist on paying their bills by snail mail, with a handwritten cheque."
That same day I was not permitted to write a cheque for the car service and repair. Card only or Cash!  At one time I used to pay cash rather than making out a French cheque.  Now having progressed a further stage I have to ditch the cheque book.  BORING!!

I also prefer to have a hard copy facture rather than an efacture (invoice).
I don't wish to sign up to apps where I don't have the music in my hands.
I would like to lean more towards handwritten letters to avoid this world of instant email gratification (which I also have become used to) ... but postal charges are high and sometimes if one includes a gift the packet may not be of the correct dimensions!
On another radio programme I heard about the average house has 70 items linked to the WWW!!! Oh, I am well below the average! 
What happens when the computer systems crash? What happens when society crashes? CHAOS! What happens to those people who do not own computerised equipment.
Maybe I am akin to a 'Luddite'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.