Thursday 2 April 2020

Day 17: Lockdown in France - Masks and Gloves

2 April 2020

I haven't been anywhere to buy a mask. but have been wrapping two 100% cotton scarves around my face, when in the village shop for fruit, vegetables, eggs.

Today, at the Village shop, I was gifted a pink material mask made by the ladies in the village.  This village is renowned for a different type of sewing,  but without doubt the ladies have excellent sewing skills.  I am grateful.  It should be 100% cotton to be effective so I hope it is... It is not easy to wear and my glasses get steamed up.

I know that a mask or scarf can prevent the sudden clearing of the throat, cough or sneeeze sending particles of moisture to be airborne aw well a prevent myself breathing in germ-laden particles.
I am happy to wear one but will continue to wear scarf or scarves as well as the mask does not fit snug to the skin. The suppose my spectacles to some extent prevent particles arriving in the eyes.

The NEW RULE is we must wear a mask and gloves... disposable or material , when we go to the village shop and presumably, the bakery, but I haven't been there today; presumably other food shops.
I was told to wear it and wash it when I got home, ready for the next time.
I am happy to protect the community, myself and others.
I have washed it before use.

I've not been out since March 16th to anywhere and the supermarket, apart from a drive to the post office which was closed.
Apart from the village shop and boulangerie, I have had short walks in the local environment when I don't meet anyone.  The rules for the attestation form say not to walk for more than an hour and we must not go further than a km distance... this is not easy|!!!!!!

Everyone keeps a distance in the village ...
French bises and handshakes are now a thing of bygone times!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.