Monday 6 April 2020

Day 21: Lockdown in France - The Vegetable Plot

The Vegetable Plot Revitalised
Today 06 April 2020
for YESTERDAY 05 April 2020:
John the Gardener who cannot return to work in the garden because of the Lockdown turned over one quadrant of my vegetable patch on March 16th.
Since then, Parts 2, 3 and 4 of the quadrant which I had hoped to leave grassed over are now finished.
Warm sunny weather helped me to fork dig friable soil where grass and other weed fell easily from the soil where there are not many worms after years of digging in domestic garden waste and scattering with log ash. I have no idea about Ph levels of acidity and alkaline!

I shall have to find another subject to write about!
Postscript:
Today - First rain (currently light drizzle) since 21 days or more... the ground and seeds need it.
Yesterday - In courtyard shade at 17h30  +25C - the skin and morale needs it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.