Wednesday 29 April 2020

Day 43, 44: Lockdown on France - Weeding out depressive thoughts

Tuesday 28 March.
The Gardener arrived
I exercised my civil right to clear ivy from the dwarf wall between my property and theirs, the absent neighbour with a vacant for sale property with wild unmanaged garden.  On my side there is also an old wire fence about a 5 feet high with pointy stabby points on top!!!!  On my side of that there is also a larch panelled fence not well constructed in 2013.
We got hands, hoes and rakes into the almost impossible space to access and destroy IVY clinging to the fence.  I scraped off the MOSS and EARTH on top of the dwarf wall and it was clear it hasn't been touched in 7 years and they did not keep their side free of ivy which I had asked them to do.More importantly we cut to earth the elder growing to a metre high as well as finding a beech a little shorter. MUST keep an eye on it as if it starts to regrow, the panel will have to be removed to dig out roots.
I was so exhausted needed a nap in afternoon, got depressed and went to be early but awoke after 3 hours and stayed awake for three, before sleeping well and with no alarm awoke to an early brisk road walk to find nightingales where I stood and heard a male singing strongly.
Home to do log splitting with la fondeuse machine on Day 44, followed by weeding the courtyard, tax calculations, and updating my blog.  Had a good intelligent chat with a friend whom I haven't seen or spoken to since January 2019. A good day thank goodness. Ready for a new year perhaps as TOMORROW is a celebration day.  MY MY MY!!!!!!!!!!!
À demain!





No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.