Monday 27 April 2020

Day 41, 42: Lockdown in France - Trying not to be Restless

Sunday 26 April 2020
Arose late again.

Made myself grapple with income tax figures, converting income currency gross and net for UK tax year into French tax year and the currency rate exchange for each one, having already paid tax on my government pension in UK.   ggggggrrrrrr

Received a digital version of "MEMOIRES"  made by my eldest cousin's daughter, collecting family thoughts and photos,  collating into book format that her Mum and Dad received this last week for the year of their 80th and 85th birthdays.   I was in tears of happiness and sadness.
Beautiful memories and stories about two very constant, calm, smiling , happy,  intelligent people who always have time, hugs, excellent understanding and speaking and listening skills for everyone with a routine of refreshments of food and of soul.

A long call to thank my cousins's daughter and a surprise as I spoke to her adult daughter too, who is doing voluntary work for the crisis whist finishing her dissertation.

A 90 minute early evening road walk was very good to do as I wasn't sure I could do it.

Monday Day 42
Mowed the grass at the other land...2 hours.
I do like it down there even though overlooked by all.
Briliant timing....I was going to delay until the afternoon, as the sky was blue,  so cleared the table and tidied the 'not tidied up tools' that my former partner has left with me... all the tools, screws, nails, water pumps, plumbing and electrical and much else from his building life, ladders, two men's bikes, etc.   At least it is a better clearer muddle than it was... I have never known a messier worker even tough his workmanship was / is of a high quality.
So many times have in the past as his skivvy had to find an item he cannot find and in so doing gather things of one title together and SORT!
We took a lot of stuff to the decheterie and Emmaus in the three days he graced himself to clear his stuff.

I had asked him to tidy it up 27 months ago before and when he was in Grand Canaria and then UK in April 2019.   He now has a van in which he sleeps and is now back in UK after over wintering in Cannes instead of coming here to help me ... so I am not best pleased that he could not consider being here after unfortunately I could not slot in with him for October to December on account of I knew I needed to concentrate on vehicle purchase and did not want anyone here.
Then he refused my request for him to come in January and February instead of staying in the South of France without responsibilities to anyone other than what he did each day.

I wonder what kind of person is this , who ... short story... wanted me gone.. said he would help renovate my new purchase of property, indicated / agreed that two houses could be let at different times and we could live in which ever one was not being let for income ... and travel in between but then it all went wonky yet again... and Life Together was OFF. Maybe I just imagined it all but I don;t think I was THAT DAFT!!!!!

9.5 years ago when this blog was started in retrospect,  I wondered by June 2010 how I would manage as the guts had been torn out of the house.. it was a building site without interior toilet, no shower or bath.  By late August, there was strange communication with him wanting strange signed agreement which I never did, but he wanted to be "friends".   So, reluctantly , yet wondering if something could be retrieved between us, I let him IN again,  just to see where we would go in  our relationship as he seems to experiment with people and ideas. It was platonic after May 2010.
That is my latest analysis.
I wish it would all go away from my past but it is why I am here and is MY STORY. It defines who I am but doesn't have to!

As I mowed the lawn today I wondered what kind of man or FRIEND it is who leaves a woman of my age living separately who he knows has been ill with fibromyalgia ( much better recently )  and swans of to travel in a stealth van currently with minimalistic items and did not want anything from his past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and so leaves it with her for her to get rid of, because I can't bear it to go straight to the skip or Emmaus.  So muggins has extra work to do!!!!!
Silly me!!!!

YET, so far,  since early March 2020, locked down in France was before lockdown in UK,  and he and the van with primitive tent - camping style amenities and a fixed bed, managed to get across the Channel in time to be somewhere in the WEST COUNTRY, free to roam, waiting to pounce on a reduced house value purchase... if he can afford it?????????

NOT what I would wish to do anywhere,  without a house and home to go to. I do noytb wish to be renting or in a care home!

I AM GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!
I MUST BE QUIET and RESTFUL -  not RestlessinFrance!









No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.