Saturday 18 April 2020

Days 31,32, 33: Lockdown in France - Attempt at Daily Tasks & Routine

Thursday 16th April passed driftily - thoughtfully - but with action and probably too much in other people's business!!!!!!!! all beyond my control .... but I wish them well with their issues.

Friday - likewise, plus  I have been trying to get back into walking... I did one of my favourite river circuits. and doing walking videos with a variety of knee lifts, kicks and steps to the beat... PLUS i started some floor work and got a shock that itv was quite hard to achieve ... so.... how do I get disciplined!!!!!!!
Saturday  - getting better balanced,  not quite so lazy, not quite so 'down or low", getting a few more things in the right place...admin to do... some of which I don't understand completely or don't want to do or can't keep up with!

This morning I was feeling too righteous about and frustrated with others. I think I get too earnest and pedantic.  I think I am better off here away from it all ... but what I need to do is another matter.
I have things to do and intend to try harder!

It was nice after last night's thunderstorm, which I think skirted the village, that rain came. This morning, not only were radish, lettuce and marigold seedlings on show, but also butternut squash a plenty, and nasturtiums.  In the vegetable patch there are lots of other seedlings which I think might  be that hemp I once planted,  which just takes over as ground cover.  Time will tell.. the cotyledons are quite distinctive and a sage green not a bright green.  The daisies are appearing again.

I went shopping for vegetables and fruit.
Now it appears that French Mayors cannot instruct us to wear masks. Oh!!!!!!!!
and ... it seems M. Macron has said that over 70s don't have to stay in isolation, but there will be  restrictions to protect the vulnerable ... Oh!
Nothing I am sure is yet in tablets of stone!!!!!!
Even so I won't be travelling yet!!!!!!!   And what happens if we travel and go to someone who has a health issues and we compromise them?   I know the economy must activate but please send the younger people back to work.   I think we should have the vaccinations but when of course will they be ready!   So many other terrible diseases have need treatments and vaccinations to control the spread... HIV, EBOLA, POLIOMYELITIS, MEASLES, CHICKEN POX, INFLUENZA  etc.....   but if the Cornoavirus mutates then, how many vaccines will be required. I am not a scientist.


Something good to kook forward to today, was a Zoom family meeting instead of being at the Italian restaurant with my cousin aged 80 this year and her husband 85.    There were ten devices that tuned in.  Everyone talking at once and then some kind of settling down ... just like at a party.
I'm glad I prepped the view beforehand as a lot more of my room was on display than I thought. However, these days it IS tidy and clean with. no animals and only me.  I don't have all the tasks in piles on the dining table adjacent to the outdoor wooden table so they form a square. The latter has nowhere else to go in winter as it does not fold!    It was FANTASTIC fun to do ZOOM  and maybe we shall do it again!
Here are pics of the 'wild wood walk to the wiver'


Love this shelf on private terrain I suspect, with  river hidden down below ... one can hear it.

Purple toothwort with wild garlic






No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.