Saturday 2 May 2020

Day 47: Lockdown in France - What's in the Fridge?

A few days ago.  Look in the fridge. What can I eat? 

Bunch of fresh Carrots. 2 Courgettes, 1 Red Pepper, 1/4 of a Fennel bulb, part of Batavia Lettuce, huge local potatoes, red onions, shallots, garlic, faux filet, salmon, tuna, bar. 
Inspiration from the internet indicated these choices. 
1. Make a Salad
fennel bulb, carrots, zucchini, onion / parsley / garlic
Grate, Slice, Ribbon, Chop, Mix with any of these our cream,/mayonnaise/aioli/ lemon juice/ seasoning/ fennel leaves / herbs or chopped mint / spices.
Evening Meal
I served this with salmon from the freezer bought a few weeks ago when I halved all portions for economical reasons. The skin stayed stuck to the pan! The salad reinforced my 'I don't much care for ribboned raw veg'. I prefer grated or finely chopped.

2. Make Fritters
As above.  Stir in beaten eggs with a smallish spoonful of flour to bind.  Shape. Fry on both sides hoping they hold their shape. Serve warm with whatever you fancy!
I mixed yesterday's SALAD  to make Next Day Lunch and served with Batavia, aioli and French dressing, and ate the second portion!


 Later, in the garden was the first picking of radishes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.