Sunday 31 May 2020

Day 71/16 to day 76/21- End of Phase 1 of Lockdown

..... but the coronavirus has not gone away........................

Tuesday 26 May to Saturday 30 May

This week I struggled to write with clarity and brevity financial letters of complaint and request to DARTY on issues that have developed partly as a result of my own misunderstanding .... like not reading the small print in French.  I didn't know there was a renewal fee for a credit card that I have never activated and now interest growing on it because I cancelled their automatic DD after they had taken the money.   The bank refunded me. because as far as I am concerned i have not authorised that. I don't do credit!  It is a longish story but in December 2018 when I bought a fridge freezer urgently as my lovely Bosch 14 year old larder fridge died,  and the French noisy freezer was 14 years old , I purchased a combi.  That's what I planned for in the kitchen, so that's what I bought. They spread the payments over three months by auggesting I have this stupid card which I didn't pay extra on!

PLUS 13 months after Purchasing the SAMSUNG appliance, the gas leaked and so it has now been in the DARTY repair shop for almost 4 weeks.  The freezer was not freezing properly. The technician said the fridge was not working properly either!  So ....where is my fridge / freezer?????? !!!!!!!!  I am told it will be July instead of two weeks which was the initial story.

PLUS they bought a clean but 'stinkynside' fridge which they changed two weeks later when they lent a bigger appliance ... which was able to be aired and cleaned to be passable .. all foods are in sealed containers.

Now I wait to see what they say after receiving the letter... That in itself was a Saga,...  because the shop had only just opened in deconfinement  this last week. ... and my friend offered to come with me... NOPE we have to phone ....so home we go ... where we are told to send email.... NOPE when I called the next day they said a letter!!!!!and send an attestation to say I have destroyed the card... I cut through it. It's still stuck to the original letter.  Let it all be cancelled then I can burn the lot of the admin!!

That letter was finished Friday late afternoon!

The Darty problem took my focus off the TAX problem ..... a very BIG problem for me where I have had to force myself to do clear thinking and edit and edit and edit my waffle .......
but with a big push on Friday evening and Saturday, by 4pm I was ready to drive it to its destination!
All the forms, letters and documentation in numbered order and I have copies.
They will not like me!!!!!!
Thank goodness they gave a months extension as i declare on paper and refuse to do so online. I shall not tell the story here because it is boring for everyone... but the tax experts basically cannot be trusted and after 15 years there is inconsistency and lack of clarity.  I need it sorted before the Brexit happens completely.. Lets tidy the mess !!!!!!!!

Now I can move onto the next financial nightmares to occupy my time !!!!!!!

Sunday 31 May
Since about 23 May the Village has been drenched with quite a few tourists.

Today the last day of May, I walked down to the river at about 5h30, after a day of gardening, cleaning and clearing the place called the atelier. I was out & about for apx 40 minutes not loitering anywhere.  I was amazed at how easily in sun drenched weather I forgot to take my mask when I encountered loads of people without them ...so I returned for mine!
I've decided it will probably be hell to go camping anywhere ... the camping car air was awash with at least 30 or more huge vans parked on the grass and car park where cars had parked in the space for vans. I have never seen so many but also I suppose I never used to go walking in that direction.
I felt very uncomfortable with people not keeping social dista ncing and all behaving as if there IS NOT and wasn't a problem ... The next village has had 27 deaths in the care home... which is 9 per month!!!!!!I am told that a carrier infected the care home and another 15 were infected but did not die.

The Weather and my Garden
I am loving the weather warm /  hot with a cooling breeze nay wind!
Today 14C at 8h and 35C in sunshine but falling rapidly at 8pm.
I am loving the garden, keeping plants weed free which I wasn't able to do for a few years.
It gives me joy when the rouge queue noir chatter to me as they fly up from the tall daisied lawn that the mower needs to attack.  (redstarts).
Loads of. birds everywhere in the unmown daisy lawn!!!!!!!! and I am surrounded by tall grasses on all property.. Love it!  NO yappy dogs.   Long live having no neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.