Friday 1 May 2020

Day 46: Lockdown in France - Dining IN

Posh restaurants all closed.  My celebratory meal ON MY OWN after 15 years in France.  Nothing Special. STEAK for protein as I gave up veganism years ago!

Feeling lowly low in lockdown I dug deep for motivational energy at the last moment to make an effort without changing into evening wear.  BROUILLY was my kind of wine.  Count my Blessings I do as I bought entrecôte from the butchery van on Thursday.
Not wishing to eat 6 euros of meat with a small appetite, it was halved.
Not my best culinary success.Sweet potato, roasted Med veg with the last of the lurking lettuce made a very enjoyable evening dinner chased by BROYÉ biscuit piled high with very cold slightly thawed raspberries ladled with yoghurt-not prettily presented, but yummy for my tummy, eaten without cutlery as etiquette went out the window in a lockdown.  HAHA! 
Well done me for all I have achieved in ten years with help from HIM, the absent one and others!
Well done me for perseverance in the presence of struggle, loving being on my own with sometime loneliness, craving culture and company which I sometimes get.  I am doing OK. It's a good life really.  Well done me for I am doing BRILLIANTLY despite being unable to see friends and family in another country in Lockdown / Confinement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.