Saturday 23 May 2020

Day 68/13: Déconfinement - Poetry is Unpublished

Saturday 23 May 2020



The Organiser of the Amity Group gave us a challenge not long after Lockdown which was to make a character out of natural found material.  The deadline date was last Thursday.

Today I had to dig myself out of a deep depressing downward decline so decided to motivate creativity for a few hours this afternoon after I had tried to sleep. I thought I had slept for several hours but it was only about 30 minutes. I was deep down healing from physical and mental pain.

1.
The above is called  "FISH UNLOCKED FROM LOCKDOWN". It was a piece of salvaged wood that was as it is... I put flowers in the holes.  There is a poem to go with it.

2.
Below is "BIRD UNLOCKED FROM LOCKDOWN".

Ages ago after the first cut of the year, I found a grass cutting moulded into the shape of a bird, so I lifted and stored it carefully to make this idea.
After that, I found an empty nest in the rose climbers before leaves burst forth in Spring.
The found metal square on a walk one day,  served as a perch.
I tried to tie onto it with string:
a) a twig,
b) the bird with its found feathers and daisy eye,
c) the nest with tulip baby bulbs as chicks
and  hazelnut? natural structures which stick together in a ball (had them for ages.. never seen them out on my walks since!)
As I suspended it and added a bark wing to the bird the 'baby chicks' fell out!!!!!
The birds had flown the nest!

Between being created and the photo taken the fragile bird form had its feathers ruffled and became quite dishevelled !!!!   Use your imagination.
I took the pic against the stone wall of roses as this was where the nest was found!

There is a poem for this one too.

It was just a little mad creativity and took about two or three hours but what else is life for?




Poetry unpublished.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.