Thursday 7 May 2020

Day 50 51 52: Lockdown in France - Faulty Fridge Freezer

On Day 49, I gained the courage to call DARTY as the SAMSUNG freezer of the fridge / freezer combi was definitely not working as it should and after several days my BRAIN remembered with the noise from it that possibly there was a gas leak.  Fortunately, I had kept the 14 year BRANDT freezer for summer months so had moved food which was just not frozen sufficiently.  It was the newly purchased ice cream that told me!!!!
The masked and gloved technician came on Day 52.   Even so, I wished him to wash his hands as gloves can I THINK hold the virus on them if it is there. He was reluctant but poured liquid soap onto his surgical / diy cream coloured gloves!  He was very efficient in his work.
After his afternoon visit when he explained what would happen, DARTY called to say the fridge / freezer will be collected DAY 58, with a delivery of one to borrow for two weeks whilst they repair and test 'l'appareil'.   I will be given an extra two weeks + 6 months on the guarantee.
I am so far impressed by their Service.
The SAMSUNG  was bought late December 2018.  It was delivered and they took the DEAD BOSCH larder fridge which was 14 years old.   It had also had a gas leak. I didn't use the freezer although it worked as I continued to use the BRANDT which is quite noisy from time to time.
I emptied both by eating as much as I could , as well as had to take some with me to England on January 3rd 2019.  I went to a 21 day house and cat sit.  Then I stayed to help a member of my family but that all went wonky.   So... I started to use the electrical apparel in March 2019, which means it has only worked for less than 13 full months.   The guarantee is two years.

During these days I have been very drifty... doing things but without sufficient urgency, speed, effort, motivation and not really getting the IMPORTANT TASKS DONE despite lecturing myself.
"MUST DO BETTER". says the retired teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.