Tuesday 26 May 2020

Day 71/16: Dèconfinement .- Morning Hymn

Tuesday 26 May 2020

Related to birds, recent poems and wonderful recent sunshine with warm breezes ......

I am reminded of the Hymn I love.
Words by Eleanor Farjeon
I love this Hymn and it was also I think a favourite of my Aunty Ivy.
She definitely always liked "All Things Bright & Beautiful"
Cat Stevens sang this:


Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight
Mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise ev'ry morning
God's recreation of the new day
Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world

and that is how we should Celebrate each day... as if it is the first and the last... 
It has taken me three score years and ten to begin to understand the Beauty of Life and Living ... 
the Appreciation of cutting myself off and others cutting me off, of social and cultural confinement and lockdown from family and friends when it is not my fault, of me being RestlessinFrance as well as Restful and of enjoying it more often than not these days.

Praise with elation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.