Wednesday 23 July 2014

Accomplished on Tuesday

1. Clearing up house and admin. Prepping for day out.
2. Checking mower...doesn't yet need expensive service as previously thought when blue smoke was seen belching out of motor...patch of oil on garage floor.  I am aware there has been a slight leak for some time... checked oil at correct level, checked petrol, did two strips, all ok! Saved 100 euros.
3. Maire's signature obtained to verify 'je suis vivant' pour le pension!!!!!!!!
4. Workawayer ii chopped and sawed last of designated pile so I can walk through to stored kindling. In the next few days, might try to move larger wet beams to 'under shelter', to dry out for hopefully other volunteer Workawayers, rather than me, to saw into sections for my woodburner.
5. Workawayer ii collected broken bottle where lawnmower had evidently hit it when I had mown neighbours ground, which I have a right of access over.  It would be one metre high otherwise! Incredibly elderly neighbours pay for the land to be strimmed but never use it.  It can only be used as a potager! It has just been strimmed!
6. Took Workawayer ii to town for haircut and to buy basic phone. One hour journey.
Wii is very interested in computer technology which causes life to drift but he creates music and is very likeable... a young man, self-centric. 
7. Whilst in town, I had a dental appointment (main reason for journey). When I realised that the trainee assistant was left to detartrage / descale my teeth...I thought eeeekkk.... even though she took longer, it was much more calm, gentle and efficient, apart from the shower over my face and the fact that I was left to hold the water extractor and tissues to sop up water running down my neck!  BUT, despite the negative, "Yes please" to her!!!!!!!!!! and only 28 euros!
8. Before all that, a kine session, this time concentrating on the underside of my big toe which after the bunion op has been sore since January...
9. Later, did shopping at Auchan, (not Ocean, which a child in my class used to say) ... bought petrol, a quiche, an almond croissant, and withdrew cash from the bank which I thought I would never get when their printer went wrong... but ohlay and oohla... I have my money!
10. Picked up workawayer ii to speed up autoroute for workawayer's first ever IKEA experience and he loved it!  After I stopped for tea at 5pm, I bought more plastic boxes because the stuff in my attic will be reorganized...
11. and then HOME Jeeves, via cross-country route to a Moroccan lamb tagine, couscous and a fine Gaillac red wine, fine enough for my limited budget.
What a lucky Workawayer he is!
I am a lucky Host too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.