Friday 11 July 2014

Going on a Magical Mystery Tour

A FEAST DAY
Hey hey...65 today! 
I know where I'm going... I know the route I'm taking... I know where I'm heading for.... 
SIDESTEPPING MY STORY
A song springs to mind ... one I used to teach in my classes at school...and also which 'Captain Sensible and his Sweetpea' sang together in our last years of heady fun together!
The lyrics of this traditional Scottish/Irish ballad are about a woman pining for her "bonnie" lover Johnny.  Folk music, learned by oral rote, produced different versions of lyrics and music and the simple version reproduced by Laura Wright became a  rowdy version. Once upon a time The Clancy brothers, as well as others, sang it as The Gypsy Rover!  
INTERLUDE I - whilst listening to the song!
I know where I'm going
And I know who's going with me
I know who I love
And the dear knows who I'll marry.
I have stockings of silk
Shoes of bright green leather
Combs to buckle my hair
And a ring for every finger.
Some say he's poor (black)
But I say he's bonnie
The fairest of them all
My handsome winsome Johnny.
Feather beds are soft
And painted rooms are bonny
But I would leave them all
To go with my love Johnny.
I know where I'm going
And I know who's going with me
I know who I love
But the dear knows who I'll marry.
TO CONTINUE in prose
I have no idea if and what the picnic will be.
BUT... I shall take a basket with tablecloth, cutlery, crockery, glasses, wine, plus a flask of Earl Grey tea for myself and an uninvited guest just because one never knows...hahaha! I shall take my birthday cards with me! AND... I am going to explore a Chateau. That is as much as I have planned!
I hope My Magical Mystery Tour will find a fine morning coffee to imbibe with an interesting view!
I hope to find delicious food in a boulangerie - maybe a savoury tart and most definitely a gateau.
For today is my birthday,
gonna have a good time...
gonna singalongasong with the fab four 'cos there aint anyone here to sing it for me!...
gonna sing in the plural (I am happy with who I am - with all my different personalities, moods and enigmas
gonna re-invent the tradition that was an idea initiated by my daughter in 2004 when I didn't know what to do for his 60th birthday! Captain Sensible and I had several Magical Mystery Tours for his birthday and mine until after January 2010 when it all stopped!
I am not ever going to spend another birthday in bed as I did in 2010 just because I am on my own. Nope!  For the last three years I have spent a family birthday with cousins, their children and grandchildren on the beach at Southwold or having barbecues in Reydon/Blythburgh but not this year.  I couldn't find a cat sitter! 
INTERLUDE II ... sing up!
They say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you
Ah Come on
Yes we're going to a party party
I would like you to dance
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance
I would like you to dance
Dance yeah Oh Come on
I would like you to dance  

Take a cha-cha-cha-chance  
I would like you to dance 
Oh dance! Dance
They say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too, 

They say it's your birthday We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you 
TO CONTINUE in prose
The sun will shine in my heart and in France.  I will drive safely and return to tell another story!
The end of the forecast!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I bet you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!

    Hope you enjoyed your day. We'll help you to celebrate when we get to France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday wishes....
    looks like you enjoyed yourself...
    good!
    Very good!!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.