Tuesday 29 July 2014

Tuesday almost midnight

I absolutely love the smell and action of ironing tea towels which was my first task before the two emerged!
We moved very long, nailed and twisted roof rafters to the newly created shed space. They seriously remarked that I require a Workawayer with a chainsaw, laughingily commenting that best not to advertise for such!  They offered to finish painting the bed which was cluttering the room since Friday when rain ruined paintwork. A little sanding was required and after it was dry, wrapped it in a blue plastic bache and returned it to the attic with stuff left whilst the former partner resides in Asia!
Number ii removed more 'grimpant' ivy from the stone wall. It is surprising how thick the stems are and how they have wriggled through the 60 cm wall.
Number iii helped to sort sheet piano, recorder, accordion and school music and music text books! OMG!!! I reduced the KEEP pile to less than half. Ten years of tears ago I could NOT do that, so it is an achievement. Now there are boxes of music designated to sell, to dispose of and a flow plan telling me the stages and choices of what to do!  The boxes to keep MUST reach a book case...(have got to buy one) to fulfil my self promise to re-learn sounds I love in dark winter months.  There were two boxes unopened since ten years of those tears ago; recorder part music and school music archives. I was proud of my achievements then! Have got to seek advice from English Colleges of Music as to who may be interested in the former... maybe the Society of Recorder Players.  Looking at it all, not hidden under blue baches caused an anxiety and panic attack... It's a process! A friend tells me she has many friends of our age all doing the same. Karma! It's about Memories of our former lives!
Feeling overwhelmed by work... feeling tired after excitement, joy and shared fun company. Thank goodness I shall have just a few days before family arrive.
Famished today! Lunch was three omelettes filled with Emmenthal cheese. We ate it with beetroot, lettuce, walnuts, followed by apricot shortcake and tea. The quality not the quantity was praised!  Evidently, one workawayer HOST served ONE omelette the same size as mine to three people! Workawayer ii was hungry that week!
We each slept for two hours. I knew I was on the edge ...yet, somehow a shower/bath is so, so, so good for my psycheeeeeee!  Then  a bike ride on a favourite circuit... we walked into a field of sunflowers though not as tall as Workawayer number ii...
The breeze was fresh.  Clouds were moody. I remembered how I love cycling in such weather!
It had to be an alcohol free day... Elderflower cordial in wine glasses tricks my mind!  Dug potatoes created a Tartiflette without lardons but with true Reblochon cheese served with Tim's strangely shaped zucchini with cubed lamb sautéed in honey and cream! Second  helpings finished the dishes.
I can't sleep - worried about 'how to do' the attic,. Maybe I shall just help in the garden to begin with.
There are lawns to mow and weeds to dismiss! Work is the key to living!
The Fibonacci spiral

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.