Friday 4 July 2014

No More Brown

The view  of the brown courtyard portal is No More Brown. The garden gates of my home, (affectionately known as Fort Knox) are now a beautiful silver grey - comme moi! heeheehee!
With HUGE and GRATEFUL thanks to Amanda without whom (as one says) I would be looking at Dark and Gloomy.  Her motto is HAPPINESS and she certainly has brought that to me via WORKAWAYERS.  So too has Steve her partner when they sanded and painted the vast French shutters a few weeks ago!
Transition stage

However, I removed the green plastic coated wire mesh at the base of the metal gates and have discovered that Big Feet slips through, so I must purchase posh silver netting as a deterrent for little dogs and cats to squeeze in and out of my courtyard from the roadway!
A battle between beauty, aesthetics, practicality and fortress protection! 
Now what do I do about those walls? 

ADDENDUM:  
This gives a good picture and explanation of how the gates used to be!!!!!!!! 
PROGRESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.